Foodie Fridays: Banana Bread

This is my first recipe post! Yay! (Applause) 

No, really. I'd like to think I'm alright at baking/cooking. I do enjoy it. Though, for some reason its a little tougher to bake in Delhi unless you have access to amazing ingredients meant for the job. I enjoy cooking and feeding people rather than feeding myself (except when I make red thai curry - that's all mine.)

However! Using domestic ingredients (Go India!) I tried preparing this loaf of Banana Bread... and my parents loved it! I'm glad they did, they're my biggest and best critics! And I made it just for them :) 

I followed this recipe, but because I couldn't find Creme Fraiche in Khan Market, New Delhi, I used sour cream and it tasted just as good. Did I mention how easy it was! It goes really well as an addition to your everyday breakfast, like porridge or cereal, and a great snack to have cold as well. Try it out :)  

P.S. : I also tried to make muffins out of the batter, so I used a muffin pan and stuck Hershey's kisses right in the center and let it bake. Do remember though, if you're baking the loaf and the muffins together, to take the muffins out once they're a bit golden-brown on the outside (basically cut down baking time by 10-15 minutes depending on your oven) or they'll look a bit burnt around the edges like mine. *looks away whistling*

Anyway, Happy Reading and have a great weekend! 






Photo Credits and Copyright: All photos have been taken by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW)

4 comments:

  1. Banana bread is my favouritest thing in the whole wide world. Are you visiting Delhi ? I am coming over for some of that yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    Haha :D .. I live in Delhi now :) .. When I make some more i'll definitely let everyone know and have a banana bread party.. :D

    Unfortunately, this batch was devoured almost immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks delicious!!! i made chocolate banana bread the other day with Post's Banana Nut Crunch cereal!!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics