Fashion for a Cause: Pinktober


I know, I know. Its been a while. What can I say, I haven't even had the time to look in the mirror. Its been a hectic month and its over. Time to get cracking. Which is another reason LwW is going to be, umm... irregular, for lack of a better word. 

This past week I had the honor of attending a charity fashion show, Pinktober for raising awareness about breast cancer and aid for breast cancer patients who can't afford treatment. It was presented by The Imperial hotel in association with the Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA) and Satya Paul. The charity show saw jewelry by Amrapali and an opening performance by Shibani Kashyap, who gave the hit single 'Ho Gayi Hai Mohabbat', something one would know if she/he were brought up in India and in the Nineties and 'Sajna'. The models were a mix of professional models, survivors and winners of breast cancer and supporters of the cause. 

The models were wearing Sarees and gowns designed by Satya Paul and were smashing shades of pink to go with the theme. I don't want to, but I will pick favorites! Though, they were all very beautiful sarees and if I could I would take 'em all! All, I tell you!! 

Calm down, Gayatri. Right, favorites:

Picture #1: Shibani Kashyap's lehenga. Its bright and colorful and just the color palette for this wedding season. 

Picture #2: Really? You want me to say why?! Look at the amazing Pallu of the Saree! Its got pop-art portraits along the most important part of the saree! 

Picture #5 and 6: An amazing white Anarkali dress/gown. Looks beautifully elegant and the gold embroidery work near the hem makes it look Royal. Perfect for a winter day wedding in Delhi. 

Picture #9: Pink and Peach net Saree with gold and fuschia (tilting towards red) embroidery all over. 

All in all, an excellent night, wonderful hospitality by The Imperial and a really fun and chilled out fashion show put on by the survivors and winners of breast cancer! 










{A model and winner talks to NDTV reporters about the event}

Photo Credits and Copyright: All photos have been taken by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics