LwW Loves: Knots and Crosses



{Inspired by Cat from TakeCourageBlog}

Winter! My favourite time of year (in India). You'll hear me say this a lot if I'm writing from here. My favourite thing about winter, jumpers! I love to wear my jumpers with a white or off-white based shirt or blouse underneath. But, an excellent accessory to the jumper and shirt is a black ribbon tie. At other times, I like to use a narrow width scarf and tie a big loose bow.

To get this look, you can do either of two things. If you went to the same Uni as Cat and I, you could probably just use your black neck tie. 

Else, pick up a narrow width black satin ribbon and cut it to your ideal length and tie a double knot, setting both lengths of the ribbon upwards, and you're rocking the look! 

Tying the knot (Just in case!):
  • First, tie a simple knot. 
  • Then, placing one length over the other, take the length (that naturally comes) at the bottom and face it upwards. 
  • Cross the bottom length over the top, then under and through the loop (second simple knot of the double knot).
  • Pull the lengths so they make up the knot and yank and set the ribbon so that they sit fancy side up.

Photo and Art Credits and Copyright: All images have been taken/created by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW). Images may not be used without prior permission of the Author.

Have Something to Say?

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics