Review: Underdoggs Sports Bar and Grill

{Image Via}

If you want your money stolen, please DO go to Underdoggs. At the bar during the IPL match (Delhi vs Kolkata) on May 22, 2012 (tuesday), because of the limited number of tables we ordered our drinks at the bar. The bartender brought us our drinks and charged Rs. 1800 for two glasses of Stella and a gin and tonic. We know there's inflation and what not, but that was ridiculous.

So I asked the man who served us that I wanted the receipt, a reasonable request I presume. Shocked and in awe the server repeats, "Bill???". He wanders off for a while and returns to tell us that our bill is actually Rs. 1600 and returns the stolen 200 to us. I insist on the bill yet again. FYI it is my right at any institution to request and receive a bill or receipt for any transaction. Again, flustered he runs off to appear another 10 minutes later. The innings are almost over.

He waltzes up to my friend, testing our integrity and says, (translated) "Sir, your bill is actually 1655, are you willing to pay the other 55?" We say yes. He's MIA another 10 minutes. I catch hold of him and inform him that if he doesn't bring us our bill in the next 5 minutes, I will file an FIR (First Information Report) against the entire establishment for 'cheating' under S. 420 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Two minutes in, and the bill is finally brought to us. The calculations seem correct and includes a service charge for giving us our drinks at the bar. Lovely.

Ignoring that, we finish the rest of the match and leave, never to return to this racketeering hole they call a sports bar. I wonder, how many other poor souls they may have successfully duped, or cheated.

Moral of the story: Never forget to ask the establishment for your bill. It's your right.

...

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review miss... Do you know any other sports bar(not an expensive one) in delhi where i can watch euro cup matches? I recently came from germany and cant seem to find any cheap sports bar here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayatri. My mate has commented above, if you any idea about any sports bar in delhi or around delhi and certainly not an expensive one.:D
    Do let us know. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! How's it going :) Hope you're enjoying Delhi! This is a really really good question, one I'm still looking for an answer to!

    1) You can always go to most casual bars in Delhi and most have TVs, you could just ask them to switch channels to watch the Euro Cup matches, and they'd probably oblige :)

    2) Not entirely Delhi, but you could try the few micro breweries in Gurgaon, almost within city limits. There's Howzzat (Galaxy Hotel) - but from the name you can guess mostly cricket - but I'm guessing they'd oblige and switch to your desired channel.

    3) Other GGaon microbreweries - there's Rockman's Beer Island (they claim to serve Bavarian beer there) - you guys could tell me if it comes close to Bavarian beer :)

    4) Try Zomato.com - play around with their search engine - great resource for restaurants/bars in Delhi/Gurgaon :)

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and there's also this place called Spinnz in Greater Kailash- I (or so my friend tells me) .. affordable and tend to screen football at times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gayatri. We're doing good. I am from delhi but one of my friend has come from Bavaria, Germany and He wants to go to a sports bar dedicated to football. i told him about the scene in Delhi unlike Europe.
    And I dont know much about the bars and pubs in Delhi as I hardly go out. But I have heard about the places that you have mentioned above.
    We need a bar full of crazy football maniacs and that is unlikely to happen, I know. We would be all in german colors so we dont anyone to make fun of us. :P
    We have heard of one more bar "all sports bar"in CP. We can see a glimmer hope there but if nothing happens, we will end up in Underdogs leaving ours sky rockets empty.
    But Thank you so much for g iving us information.

    And I have been to Rockman's beer island and I must tell you that their beer quality is good but not close to bavarian's one.
    And we hope you're doing good too.
    Let the good times roll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bill for Rs 1600 too seems a bit over priced. I know a bit about operating expenses, but this is ridiculous. The management should be held accountable for actions of it's employees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics