Birthday Birkin

Recently, there was some excitement in my family. An uncle of mine very generously gifted my Aunt a Birkin on her birthday. A bag for which he to wait a long while. I'm sure you've heard the rumors, that there's a waitlist and even Posh had to be on that waitlist. Well, he waited and waited and finally got his hands on this beautiful piece of art. Its completely handmade, which reflects in its price, and has been named after the actress/singer Jane Birkin, since it was custom made just for her. And as they say, the rest is history.

Someday I'd like to do a "What's in your Birkin" post.

Heh.

But until then you can find my conventional "what's in your bag" post here




Thanks for reading everyone! 

11 comments:

  1. It is beautiful although I never understand why everyone carries them open (i.e. with the clasp undone) - is it so everyone can see the Prada logo?? I'm pretty sure your auntie will cherish this bag forever (as would I)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. I know what you mean! I think its just the 'style' though. Yes she's quite in love with it and packed it away for special occasions. She calls it an investment and I call it my inheritance! I called shot-gun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I meant Hermes and not Prada - the sun has gone to my head today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha :) I know. Greece is showing on you! You're looking lovely in all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start to Thursday Purseday! lucky aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful color, too! I read a book awhile back called "Bringing Home the Birkin" about a guy who figured out how to get around the waiting list. It was pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! It is a great color isnt it.. My aunt considers herself very lucky :)

    I've heard of the book - by Tonello - been looking for it but when I go to a bookshop I forget to look it up! :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is definitely the luckiest lady I know around! Love the color too

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics