Fancy Storage D.I.Y.

This is not an ingenious DIY post, nor is it very difficult. Wait. Aren't DIYs supposed to be easy? Good point.

Sick and tired of the boring plastic storage boxes you get in markets in Delhi, and not being keen on venturing out in this hot and muggy monsoon weather into crowded markets searching for the perfect box, I improvised on the one available in my own room. I hopped over to the nearest stationery store (Narula's in Khan Market, New Delhi) and bought a can of acrylic spray paint in Gold. I took this red plastic basket (bought in Lajpat Nagar Market, New Delhi) which fits nicely into the open cupboard in the bathroom.


(Before)

I spray-painted it Gold to go with the old colonial look of the bathroom itself and the yellow lights. I feel it also blends well with the soft lightwood of the cupboard. Its advisable to let it dry for a good 24 hours before you put it to use. Its paint and it needs to dry. Oh, also dont use it when its windy outside or you'll get spray paint on your eye-glasses. Ahem. I meant you'll get paint everywhere else. Hehe .. Ahem.



(After)

Photo Credits and Copyright: All photos have been taken by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW)

I would love to see your DIY projects! 

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Am on the lookout for a nice basket to match with my room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, great photos :D
    Follow each other? I bookmarked!
    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. stop this is amazing! great job! i just posted a DIY project in behalf of you lovely DIY people out there! i wish i was creative!

    tanandmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics