Secrets in a Bag


Photo Credits and Copyright: All photos have been taken by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW)

A good friend, Cat of Take Courage Blog, asked me sometime ago to do a "What's in your bag" post which is what I'm doing today! You can find Cat's what's-in-your-bag post here. I've been planning to pen it down for a while (would day dream about posting during exams!) It is also IFB's Project #9. So I thought if you want to do something, do it now! Here goes!

My current bag - since I'm the kind of person who when in love with a bag carries it around until it wears out - is, well wait for it... The Le Pliage Longchamp Sac... in Rouge! You can find out more about it in my very first post here.

They say you can tell a lot about a woman from the contents of her bag. I'm not sure who "they" are, but lets see what you infer from mine!

So, what's in my bag (Left to Right; Top to Bottom):
  1. Le Pliage Longchamp Sac in large which I used as a book bag and now use as an everyday bag because it is just so convenient and functional.
  2. Warby Parker Eye-glasses case which I use to store and switch between my Warby Parker eye-glasses and my dark tortoise shell Ray-Ban Wayfarers (coming up next!). 
  3. My Ray-Ban Wayfarers that I need to shield my eyes and migraine-prone head from the sun.
  4. Sennheiser HD 238 Precision which was a gift from the boyfriend. It has excellent bass and precision sound which I use with my phone and iPod. 
  5. Cath Kidston Coin Purse that I also use as a money bag. You will soon see my obsession with Cath Kidston products! We should probably play a game of spot how many times "Cath Kidston" appears on this blog! 
  6. Cath Kidston Ticket Holder for my Oyster card and "young persons" travel card, which I used constantly while in London/Oxford, but won't be anymore as I'm back home but still can't let go of it. My bag just seems empty without it!
  7. J. Crew Magic Wallet for small currency notes and important cards. Also, a very thoughtful gift from the boyfriend.
  8. Cath Kidston Key Fob (chain). Notice the obsession yet? No? There's more! 
  9. Thin Mints! These were very generously provided by Morrison Foerster (A law firm). Cannot leave the house without these. Doesn't matter what company/what kind - as long as they're minty.
  10. My trusty LAMY pen that stays only in my bag for all kinds of pen-type emergencies (which rarely happens)
  11. Cath Kidston Travel Make-up Bag for all my lip-glosses, brushes and Kohl. Can't have the make-up run amok in my bag now, can I?
  12. Lancome Blush, 03 Brun Roche for emergency touch-ups for pink cheek-bones to go from day to night if its a long day.
  13. Clinique Face Powder in 20 Invisible Blend to give some balance to my complexion. I prefer this to wearing liquid foundation and find that it works really well with Clarins Fix Make Up Primer to hold it in place for longer.   
  14. Regular Safety-pins for clothing emergencies. 
  15. MAC Kohl sharpener for my Kohl liner.
  16. MAC Big Travel Brush 187SE for the Clinique face powder 
  17. MAC Sculpting Travel Brush 168SE for the Lancome Blush 
  18. Topgraf medical skin cream because my skin is very sensitive to metal and spices. 
  19. MAC Kohl Eye-liner which is an everyday must.  
  20. Clinique Chubby Stick in 02 Whole Lotta Honey because some gloss can always lighten up one's face     
  21. Lancome Juicy Tube in 22 Melon, just to switch between the Chubby Stick and this      
  22. Vitamin Water lip balm in Fruit Punch for chapping lips, though the Chubby Stick and Juicy Tubes are very good at moisturizing lips. 
  23. Spare hair-bands for when it gets really hot
  24. My Blackberry 9700 smartphone without which I would not be able to function
  25. My iPod, mostly for Angry birds and most other times for my daily music fix. 
Re-reading this post, it seems like I carry a lot around. Maybe I should cut it down to bare-essentials. Oh well, its a big bag!

Hope you enjoyed rummaging through my bag essentials! See you later!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've finally done this post! And I see you're a Cath Kidston addict too! I love the Longchamp pliage bags - I have three and they are the most useful bags ever, especially when travelling. I also love how neatly you've laid out all your lovely things - thank you for satisfying my nosy curiosity! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat! I'm quite a neat-freak just like you! I have a thing about symmetry and lines :/ .. I think its the compulsion we feel all the time being a lawyer to have things in order! :D

    Glad you liked it!

    ----------
    Gayatri
    Look who's Wearing (LwW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag! And it seems your is really organized!!! This is such an interesting project!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Plami! I'm glad you liked it! It was a really fun project!

    ----------
    Gayatri
    Look who's Wearing>Look who's Wearing (LwW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I adore seeing what everyone else has in their purses :) Such fabulous photos I love how you organized everyting so perfectly. I have the same Blackberry holder (but in white) and I love it so much!

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your items! I did a similar blog with all the must haves for my carry on when I'm traveling!
    http://alelasirah.blogspot.com/2011/07/bag-of-comfort.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. L-O-V-E this one!
    Being a 'big bag' person too i think this post can very well be treated like a check list of essentials to carry.
    Though i am pretty sure you've omitted the dump-yard feel factors which become(unwittingly)a must.
    It was lovely meeting you today.
    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics