Some Work, Some Play


Oh, Hello! 

Since you're here, might as well share some photos of the bachelor pad with you.

Who am I kidding?! I've been dying to show these photos to you! I was just trying my luck at being posh. Ahem. Anyway. 

As I've mentioned before in my earlier makeover posts, the thing that really makes your house a home should be the memories. Your best memories. Those, that when you look at them, make you happy, even if a little bit. 

And you never know, mixing the quirkiest of pieces may give you an area in your home that has the most character. 

In the first photo, from the far left, a toy I got from my visit to Beijing for The Passi, postcards from our trip to London, a holy beaded necklace I used to tie a letter I wrote him in high school, a metal poster he picked up from Portobello market in London after we met with one of his old friends, his favorite character (and movie) and his half of our tickets to Les Miserables at Queens Theatre in London. 

{Memories} 

Now, all work and no play makes The Passi a dull boy. A very important part of his new apartment. Like most (all) rentals, there's (obviously) no bar. But in the new apartment, a very strangely placed study desk right outside his bedroom door. Since it was an anomaly - well, for me - so I thought it might be a nice place to set up the bar.

The top cabinets are empty at the moment since a lot of the glasses are still in boxes that we need to unpack. Soon. But, once that's done, the glasses go in the  cabinet above the desk, tools and corkscrews in the wide drawer under the desk and shakers and ice buckets go in the cabinet at the bottom. 


{Bar}

Photo Credits and Copyright: All photos have been taken by Gayatri Kumar and belong to Look who's Wearing (LwW)

7 comments:

  1. I'm liking what I see so far. Needs some vintage black and white photographs...

    ...also just a fan of V is for Vendetta or a member of Anonymous? O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kionon! Thanks for the suggestion. As I've mentioned in my posts, all setting up has to be finalized with The Passi, who also happens to be the client.

    That is the V for Vendetta character, also the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab! Any idea where I can get readymade letters in Delhi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still on the hunt for good 3D letters in Delhi. I'll put up a post for it as soon as I find out. Although, I think craft stores are a good place to start looking even in Delhi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that mask.. Vendetta
    And One of my friend bought a miniature bottle of jagermeister from London and I had it. It tasted like some health tonice was mixed with spirit. lol
    and posters are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I look forward to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Web Analytics